Fried chicken legs (KFC style) the perfect comfort food for a rainy day!
Fried chicken is one of those comfort foods that will never go out of style. The rich and flavourful crispy bark of the meat with the tender juicy succulent meat inside dripping in flavour….. There is just some kind of inherent satisfaction to the whole scenario.
So without further ado, here’s how you make homemade fried chicken legs (KFC style)
• Sikkim Farm’s fresh Leg Pieces – 1 kg
• Soy sauce
• Ginger and garlic paste
• Lemon juice
• Maggi Masala Mix
• All purpose flour
• Corn flour
• Garlic powder
• Chilli powder
• Turmeric powder
• Add soy sauce, ketchup, ginger-garlic paste, pepper, salt Maggi Masala Mix and a whole lemon juice into a bowl and mix them evenly.
• Now add the leg pieces in the bowl and make sure that the sauce mix coats each piece of meat evenly and no remainder sauce is left. We do not want sauce to drip from the bones… just enough to coat them evenly.
• Now let that rest for about 3-4 hours before you start cooking these pieces.
• In a large bowl add 2 cups of all purpose flour, 1 cup of corn flour, garlic powder, chilli powder, pepper and salt to taste and mix well. This will be the dust to dip the leg pieces in before frying.
• Now in another bowl add water.
• Take a marinated piece of chicken leg and dip it in the bowl of powder. Make sure the powder coats the chicken evenly.
• Now dip the chicken in water and then dip it in the powder mix for a second coat.
• Now add the chicken into the frying pan and let it fry for 15 minutes in medium flame until the bark turns brownish.
• Do the same with the rest of the leg pieces.
• Garnish with a cheese dip and ketchup dip on the side and Voila! Your homemade KFC style fried chicken legs are ready to be enjoyed!!